WHATS THE NAME OF THE FIRST TAMIL MOVIE AND TAMIL TALKIE?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WHATS THE NAME OF THE FIRST TAMIL MOVIE AND TAMIL TALKIE?

Default WHATS THE NAME OF THE FIRST TAMIL MOVIE AND TAMIL TALKIE?

hi ,
    WHATS THE NAME OF THE FIRST TAMIL MOVIE AND TAMIL TALKIE?

CHEERS
    Murugan

amurugan anne,

i donno which is first movie/ first talkie...but it has been around 1918...because
    censor was first started then (Indian Cinema Act of 1918...so yea..)

'Kalidas'(not the Sivaji Ganesan's Mahakavi Kalidas) was the first talkie screened in 1931.
    I know I know I know I know I know I know I know

I always thought it was raja Harichandra.
    Well-timed silence has more eloquence than speech....

Ooops Disregards my previous post , forgot we were talking abt tamil movie. I am sorry..
    Well-timed silence has more eloquence than speech....

There is nothing specific called as the First Tamil movie i could find. Because, any movie prior to the first talkie movie is a silent movie :D.

The first "South Indian" silent movie was "Keechaka Vadham" made by Mr.R. Nataraja Mudaliar in 1918.

romba nanri ns for your welcome in the newbie board - itho yennoda two cents

- Kalidas was indeed the first "Tamil Talkie" - only barely -
    Heroine Rajalakshmi thaan thamizh - hero was from NTR land - choice was by Mr Reddi the director. Athanaala Raji mattum thaan thamizh - hero telungulayum matthavanga hindiliyum paesinaanga.
    To boot ellaam paattum only telungu.
    So technically first bilingual movie in the south - yena northla hindi and bengali saetthu padam eduthaacchu.

- The first nooru sathivitham Thamizh touring talkie was "Galavarishi" - Aanaa - made in Bombay in 1932. Incidentally G. Ramanathan oda first music direction.

- The first By thamizh, for thamizh in thamizh was "Srinivasa Kalyanam" in Madras nalla madras.

oh..idhellam theriyaama pochu. hindi, tamil, telugu'la dialogue. telugu'la paata. ethana perukku purinjurukkum .

also there was something about artists of those times, every one can sing. that was one of the pre-requisites for becoming a cinema artisite.

+ Reply to Thread